7 months ago
6th Grade Science Syllabus
1. Students will demonstrate an understanding that living things range from simple to complex organisms, are organized hierarchically, and function as whole living systems.
2. Students will demonstrate an understanding of classification tools and models such as dichotomous keys to classify representative organisms based on the characteristics of the kingdoms: Archaebacteria, Eubacteria, Protists, Fungi, Plants, and Animals.
3. Students will demonstrate an understanding of the relationship among survival, environmental changes, and diversity as they relate to the interactions of organisms, populations, and the environments.
4. Student's will demonstrate an understanding of Earth's place in the universe and the interactions of the solar system using evidence from multiple scientific resources to explain how these objects are held in orbit around the sun because of its gravitational pull.
5. Students will demonstrate an understanding of Newton's laws of motion using real world models and examples.
6. Students will demonstrate an understanding of the complexity of the human body from cells to tissues to organs to organ systems to the human body.
.*This is an outline of topics that will be covered and may be altered based on time.